How To Turn Your Online Business Into a Community
April 28, 2011
Posted in Guest Blogs by SBIers
Leave a Comment
Guest Blogs by SBIers
A few years ago I came across two words that changed my view of my online business....
At the time, I was reading my visitors' feedback at the end of an article on one of my websites. One of the comments mentioned "Rena's community." What? I had a community? When did that happen?
Suddenly my entire perception of my websites shifted. I didn't have just subscribers, visitors, and commenters. Instead, I had a true community... people who were the heart and soul of my online business... folks who...
- subscribe to my newsletter and RSS feeds
- visit my sites regularly
- read nearly everything I publish
- post comments on my individual web pages
- submit their content and photos to my sites
- purchase my info-products
- link to and promote my websites
- interact with each other on my website pages.
Over the years, these people have indeed become a lovely community of kindred spirits revolving around my websites.
As soon as I grasped this new vision of "community," I began to revamp all of my sites into better social gathering places where people in my niche come to share, learn, connect, and inspire each other. You can do the same...